Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Dried Orange Peel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
jdgapc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Dried Orange Peel

i purchased a 1 oz bag of Dried Orange Peel and used about half on a recipe back in April, the other half has been in the re-sealed bag in a cool dry place. how long will this left over orange peel be good for, i wanted to do a belgian white reciepe in the sping again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
zmanzorro
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I would assume since it is dried, it should last quite awhile. I just bought some from a spice shop this past weekend for a White IPA and plan to keep it around a bit. Or if you're really worried about it, you can just make a tincture with all of it and that will definitely last a long time.

“Beer is the center of everything. Everything revolves around beer. When you drink beer, everything revolves. Therefore beer is the center of everything.” — University of Waterloo Engineers

Primary/Secondary: Assassyn IIPA (Odell's Myrcenary clone)
Bottle: Battering Ram Belgian Golden Strong Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply