Does anyone have a partial mash Munic Dunkel recipie that is not a Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgable

Reaction score
I am looking for a Munic Dunkel recipie but don't think I am ready to try a lager yet. I tried one the other day and thought it tasted great. Or would it be better to make a dunlelweisen.

mgable said:
I am looking for a Munic Dunkel recipie but don't think I am ready to try a lager yet. I tried one the other day and thought it tasted great. Or would it be better to make a dunlelweisen.

Hmmm, by definition a Munich Dunkel is a lager and frankly that is one of the things that makes it taste the way it does. However, you could use any good recipe for the style and ferment with a clean ale yeast such as California or a German ale yeast. Another possibility is to use San Francisco lager yeast. Whatever way you go keep the fermenting temps as low as you can and give the beer at least some simulated lagering with an extended secondary at as cool as you can manage.

Back