New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Deschutes Red Chair NWPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
Shifty11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks everybody. Really appreciate it.

The reason I asked for an extract recipe was because I'm not set up for all grain. I looked at the Deschutes website and saw only ingredients for all grain, but no recipe.

Jon, I'm going to give this one a try and will report back to how it turns out. Think I'm going to use dme, cuz I can't get lme in briess pils. I got the conversion, so should be good to go!

Thanks again!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon73 View Post
I was just, in a snarky fashion, pointing out that the clone recipe included all the ingredients listed on the website. The amounts I listed were from a recipe from my lhbs, not the Deschutes website.
I looked at the recipe and it looks like it could be close.
I'm not good enough to say any better than that.

Have you brewed it?
If so, how close did it come out?

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
Jon73
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I brewed it once last year. I recall that it was pretty close, but according to my taste buds the hops were too sharp/bitter in the taste department. As you know that could be me, the recipe, my equipment, etc. I also think I could have let it bottle condition a bit longer, patience have never been my strong suit. This is the long-winded way of saying yes, it's worth brewing.

Since we're on the topic of clones Sharps, I see you are going to do a FW Union Jack, care to share????

Quick Reply