Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Delirium Noel recipe for Christmas?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
catie0501
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Delirium Noel recipe for Christmas?

Hey all-
wondering if anyone had a recipe for Delirium Noel- I was thinking of brewing soon so it would be nice and aged by xmas for gifting!

Also would it be possible/good or bad idea to do a yeast extraction from a delirium noel bottle?

I'm pretty new to home brewing- but it's already become a fun fascinating addiction!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 189 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 115

This is the tranlation of what their website says, sadly not much help:

Born in 2000, yet it is brewed only for the Christmas and New Year and complete the trilogy of "Delirium. " His approach is already a superb warm copper color to red recalling "Nocturnum" except in its taste. At first glance, it hides its subtlety by a level of flavors. It be approached with confidence, with a tinge typical Christmas, sauced with a sweet touch, then covered with a bitter tone, without extension and then a strange sensation of freshness on the tongue. Finally, it frees itself entirely from the bottom of the palace like a pepper on a salad of the season. It is assessed at the first sip, and loyalty to the second. However its high "volume of alcohol consumption required liable

You should consider culturing their yeast, since that is a big part of the character of their beers. Maybe start with a clone recipe for Tremens: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/delirium-17140/ and swap out the invert sugar for dark candi syrup for color. You could also go up on the Munich (swap out some pils) and maybe add a bit of medium/dark crystal for more of that dark "Belgian" character.

Hope that sends you in the right direction, good luck.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
catie0501
Recipes 

thanks oldsock!!! that is great advice to get me started

Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
2BeerSpeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Did you make this yet? How was it if you did? I really want to do the delerium noel myself!

Quick Reply