Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Danger of online ordering- quick question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
elkdog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Danger of online ordering- quick question

I ordered the ingredients for a batch of Jamil's Scottish 70/- last week, and just noticed that I didn't receive the 4 oz. of Crystal 120 from Austin Homebrew Supply. So my question: should I contact them and wait to brew ('till next weekend), or should I go ahead and brew the beer, knowing it will be a little less complex without the 120? I'm on the fence on this one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Cakehole
Recipes 

I would suggest you contact them and let Forrest fix things. He is one of the absolute best merchants out there. He will definately fix whatever is missing with that order.

Forrest will see this post eventually, but a quick phonecall could get things fixed for you very fast.

Primary #1: Blonde Ambition Ale Primary #2: nada
Secondary #1:Cake's Stout Secondary #2: Empty
Keg: #1: Ed's Apfelwein #2: Killian's Irish Red Clone #3: Orfy's Hobgoblin II #4: Cream Soda ( for the kiddo )

Old 06-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
elkdog
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, thanks. I was kind of leaning that way, and in listening back over Jamil's podcast on this beer, really want to get it straight.

Forrest and his crew are indeed awesome folks to deal with, and have an incredible selection. I think it's because I like them so much that I was a little hesitant to raise this issue. Anyway, email sent. Thanks!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
adamjab19
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I wonder if the crystal 120 is mixed in with the other grains? did you specify when ordering that you wanted them seperate or with the whole grain bill? I noticed that little bit while going through their site the other day.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
elkdog
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
I wonder if the crystal 120 is mixed in with the other grains? did you specify when ordering that you wanted them seperate or with the whole grain bill? I noticed that little bit while going through their site the other day.
I think this was the problem; I forgot to ask that the Crystal 120 be included in my custom recipe, so it was ordered packed separately. It wasn't listed on the grain bag that I received, and wasn't elsewhere in the package, so I imagine it got lost in the shuffle of a rather busy grain bill.

Quick Reply