*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw / Gouden Carolus Grand Cru Of The Emperor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
DannPM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw / Gouden Carolus Grand Cru Of The Emperor

BLAM has the specs, albeit vague, Looking for anyone who has even seen any aditional information on the beer beyond the specs BLAM offers.

It's so freakin' great, deliciousness and heaven in a 75cl, but there doesn't seem to be any info from the hombrewing community on how to clone this one. Any experiences would help!

Time to have some fun

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
pcameron92
Recipes 

Default gouden carolus cuvee van de keizer clone recipe

Hi,
New to the forum and I am trying to track down Cuvee can de Keizer clone recipes.
Can anyone out there help me out?

PC

Old 11-02-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
Veritas
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am on a business trip in Grand Rapids, Michigan this week, and had dinner and a few pints at Hop Cat. (If you've never been to Hop Cat, put it on your bucket list... the place is amazing.) I spoke with one of their bartenders who is very knowledgeable about Belgian ales, and after discussing home brewing and our mutual love for Belgian ales, I asked him to bring me "something special." He said, "I have something for you that isn't on the menu, I'll be back in a minute." After vanishing for a about 5 minutes, he emerges with a 2008 Cuvee Van De Keizer Golden Caroulus Blauw... It was so amazingly plum, raisin, fig, caramel, malt, sweet, alcoholishly wonderful, I ended up sharing the bottle with my "new friends" at the bar. If anyone has a clone, I'll be very interested!

"He was a wise man who invented beer..."
-Plato

Old 11-02-2011, 05:20 AM   #4
DannPM
Recipes 

Veritas, do you have a copy of Brew Like A Monk? I'd love to hammer out a recipe back and forth in this thread and put one together after deciding all the little details. How are you at recipe design?

Time to have some fun

Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
KnightRyder
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
I am on a business trip in Grand Rapids, Michigan this week, and had dinner and a few pints at Hop Cat. (If you've never been to Hop Cat, put it on your bucket list... the place is amazing.) I spoke with one of their bartenders who is very knowledgeable about Belgian ales, and after discussing home brewing and our mutual love for Belgian ales, I asked him to bring me "something special." He said, "I have something for you that isn't on the menu, I'll be back in a minute." After vanishing for a about 5 minutes, he emerges with a 2008 Cuvee Van De Keizer Golden Caroulus Blauw... It was so amazingly plum, raisin, fig, caramel, malt, sweet, alcoholishly wonderful, I ended up sharing the bottle with my "new friends" at the bar. If anyone has a clone, I'll be very interested!
If you are still in town I highly recommend you go check out the new Belgian style brewery "Brewery Vivant" on Cherry street-good beer, awesome food, and stupendous people watching.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
Veritas
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyder View Post
If you are still in town I highly recommend you go check out the new Belgian style brewery "Brewery Vivant" on Cherry street-good beer, awesome food, and stupendous people watching.
Thanks for the recommendation, KnightRyder. I'm in Grand Rapids about once a month, so I'll go check it out. This last trip, I made it to Hop Cat one night, and hung out at Founders my second night! My business trips are all about the beer.

-Plato

Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Veritas
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannPM View Post
Veritas, do you have a copy of Brew Like A Monk? I'd love to hammer out a recipe back and forth in this thread and put one together after deciding all the little details. How are you at recipe design?
Hey DannPM... funny you should ask, I just bought "Brew Like A Monk." I've just started reading it. As for building recipes, I've designed a few batches. (Okay, to be honest, most of them are more like taking one of Ed Wort's recipes and adding some special B or a handful of honey malt and calling it "mine." )

So yes, let's collaborate, and maybe get a bunch of us trying to build one up. I'll take a shot at starting a recipe in beersmith. Feel free to do the same if you want to.

-Plato

Old 03-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
MeadPixie
Recipes 

Has anyone come up with a Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer Blue clone yet? I'd really like to take a stab at it...

Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
DannPM
Recipes 

I haven't brewed it yet but I came up with a starting point recipe. I'll post tonight when I am back home at my computer

Time to have some fun

Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
zoso124
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Anyone come up with a recipe for this one?

Cheers!

Quick Reply