Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Critique my Nut Brown Ale extract recipe please

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
Bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Odd that you should get a flavor similar to Sam Smith's - NOT! Ringwood is a Yorkshire yeast, having evolved in the open fermentation systems of that area of UK. If I could build a Yorkshire stone square system, I'd use nothing but Ringwood!

Here's a really cool link from Sam'l Smith's.

Good on yer! I hope it comes out wonderful!

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
Needsanamebrewery
Recipes 

Well last night I finally popped the top on the first of these puppies. They have been conditioning away for > 2 months at about 55*.

The bad news is that when I popped the top, it was a gusher.

The good news is that the half of it I got to drink was ABSO-FREAKIN-UNBELIEVABLY-GOOD. It was chock-full of flavor. I couldn't detect any any butterscotch from the diacetyl, but I could definitely detect the slick mouthfeel. It was very smooth and well balanced. This is the first beer I've ever made that didn't taste homemade, if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't be afraid to pour one for anybody. I just wouldn't want them to see me have to pour two of them to get 12 ozs in the glass.......

"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer."
-Dave Barry

Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
JasontheBeaver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I'm gonna revive this thread because brown ales are my fav and I'm wanting to research several recipes before I make my next batch.
So if you can remember that far back, tell us how the rest of your bottles were.
Were they all gushers?
What would you do different if you made this recipe again?
You ended up using 6 oz choc malt correct?

Quick Reply