The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Couple of recipes, couple if ingredients

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
kingof14ers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Couple of recipes, couple if ingredients

OK so my first recipe I'm ironing out is an IPA based on a recipe that I've already done with a slight twist, the concept is an IPA arnold palmer. Basically I use generous Sorachi ace flavor additions and some all natural lemonade in the secondary. This time adding some belma for bittering. Now for the tea, I need a recommendation for somewhat neutral tasting but a good tea AROMA as the other half of the experience. A friend has thrown Earl Grey on the table. Thoughts?

Now for the other recipe. Jalapeno Popper with dusseldorf alt as the base style. Jalapeno easy, but the cheese part? Powdered?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
ong
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 65 Posts

Earl Gray is all bergamot, no tea aroma. Maybe a Darjeeling for a light, less bitter tea? Also: hope you're kidding about powdered cheese in your beer!

Oregonians: trade canned goods, homebrew, fresh produce, and more at chowswap.org!

Old 05-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #3
kingof14ers
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ong
Earl Gray is all bergamot, no tea aroma. Maybe a Darjeeling for a light, less bitter tea? Also: hope you're kidding about powdered cheese in your beer!
Does Darjeeling have a significant aroma? I'm kind of kidding about the powdered cheese, but I know I can't throw in a big a$$ block of cracker barrel sharp cheddar either. Thought about a little bit of lactose, but looking for ideas that would give the essence of cheese without necessarily being cheese.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
ong
Recipes 

Darjeeling has a "fruitier" bouquet, to me anyway. It's a more delicate black tea, vs. the maltier and stronger Assam types (English Breakfast teas are Assam blends).

Oregonians: trade canned goods, homebrew, fresh produce, and more at chowswap.org!

Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
ong
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingof14ers

Does Darjeeling have a significant aroma? I'm kind of kidding about the powdered cheese, but I know I can't throw in a big a$$ block of cracker barrel sharp cheddar either. Thought about a little bit of lactose, but looking for ideas that would give the essence of cheese without necessarily being cheese.
I thought "poppers" had more of a cream cheese filling? Maybe you could do some lactic acid fermentation. Or you could lean towards the cornmeal/batter element of the popper. Cereal mash some corn grits?

Quick Reply