Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Copper's English Bitter...how much sugar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
louisbrewg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Copper's English Bitter...how much sugar

Hi folks

I have a can of Cooper's English Bitter (which is over a year out of date...bought it for €5)...I have brewed Cooper's IPA several times with great success. Their instructions boooklet usually gives a recip...ie how much sugar to add. The booklet on this one is very simialr but has no section instructing me as to how much sugar to add...it simply says add all sugars. There is a panel on the outside of the can which says"we recommend 500 g of Cooper's Light Dry Malt with this product. I seem to remember using 500g of spray malt AND 500g of Dextrose with the IPA.

Has anyone got experience of this kit: Cooper's English Bitter 1.7kg?

Any help appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
biodiesel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

I just made my first Cooper's English Bitter, with [egads!] 1 kilo of white sugar. Just drinking some right now, and it is a bit strong to be called a "session" beer. Really good balance of malt and [apparently, Styrian Goldings] hops.
Next time I am going to make it with 1 kilo of crystal malt extract.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply