Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Commando Ale - Navy Seal ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
sfmiraj
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Default Commando Ale - Navy Seal ale

Reading Phil Bronstein's article in the latest Esquire magazine, The Shooter describes a celebration, "....and there was lots of Commando ale, brewed by a former SEAL."

While may be not an "official" brew, I am very interested in this recipe and would be proud to be able to brew it. I'm currently researching this, but does anyone have close connection to this, or a similar brew?

Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/man-...#ixzz2KoQF976T

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
helibrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I'll check with my daughter, her BF is a sniper with Team One...and he loves my homebrew

Primary:
Brite Tank/Lagering:
Kegged: Hefeweizen, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, Kumquat Saison, Tart Cherry Cider, Belgian Tripel, Maibock Bock, Ommegang Abbey Ale Clone, Belgian Golden Strong, German Pils (WLP830)
Bottled: Belgian Quad (Grand Reserve), Derangement (Belgian Dark Strong)
On Deck:
My Site: www.restlesscellars.com

Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
nhwrecker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That does sound interesting - and there's a new brewery opening next month in the San Diego area that's going to be run by 2 SEALS and others....They might be a good place to start. The article doesn't list any Commando ale, but there's plenty of options for other drinks that involve "firepower"

Bns Brewing & Distilling Co.

http://www.bnsbrewinganddistilling.com/

http://sandiego.eater.com/tags/bns-b...-distilling-co

Two Navy SEALs and one East County firefighter have teamed up to open BNS Brewing & Distilling Co., a home brew store and education center, brewery and small batch distillery all within a 6,900 square foot warehouse in Santee, right off SR-67.

Wes Richey and Andrew Arrabito, the two aforementioned SEALs, gave Eater a preview of the space, which is scheduled to be completed by early March; Richey will oversee the beer alongside Dan Jensen, their head brewer who brings with him nine years of local brewing experience. Arrabito will handle the distilling on a 50 gallon column still, producing single malt whiskey, bourbon and a line of mason jarred moonshine.............
..... It'll be adjacent to BNS' beer bar, which will have up to 20 of their own brews on draft. The core beers, which tap into the Wild West, all-American ethos of the company, will be brewed on a 10 barrel system and include Gunfighter Golden Ale, Flintlock Black IPA, Revolver American IPA, Outlaw Western White Ale, Saloon Girl Saison and Gatling Gun Imperial Stout. BNS plans to package the beers both in cans and 22 oz. bottles.

Damn. I've got to get a better signature.

Borderline Brewing Co. Nashua, NH

Quick Reply