Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Clone of Great Lakes Brewery's Burning River?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 12:38 AM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4956 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

Default Clone of Great Lakes Brewery's Burning River?

I'm deciding on my next two brews- I'm thinking of repeating my Dead Guy clone, if I can get more pacman yeast. the second is one I've been debating on- and I think I'd like to do am American Pale Ale. I had Great Lakes Brewery's Burning River at Easter when I was visiting my dad, and I remember it being an easy drinking, but nicely hopped ale.

Here's the info from Great Lakes' website: http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/bee...er_id=00000002

Does anyone have an extract or PM recipe that would be like it? For yeast, I have some Wyeast 1056, American ale yeast that is washed and ready to go. I'm going to the LHBS (which isn't really local, it's 150 miles away) next week.

Can anybody who's had Burning River and SNPA compare them for me? I remember liking SNPA very much, too. Another thought is Walker's IPA- bird says everyone loves it and is raving about it. Is it similar to these American pale ales, or would it be too "man-hopped" for me?

Thanks.
Lorena

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply