Cinnamon Pear PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velocity

Reaction score
Kind of a crap-shoot here with the recipe. I haven't been able to find much info on what I want to try. Please let me know what you guys think.

Target: A winter sweet beer for the wifey who like frambois.

1 lb Breiss Caramel 20L
1 lb Cooked Instant White Rice*
5 lbs Golden Light DME
2 oz Hallertauer @ 60 mins
.5 oz Williamette @ 30 mins

6 or so cinnamon sticks in the primary

Rack secondary after 4 days on 96 oz. of Pear Puree

*want to try to get a bit of that sake rice taste into it.

hmm.
After looking a little more into the cinnamon, looks like way too much and at the wrong time. Looks like it should be 2-3 sticks in the last 10 mins of the boil should do it.

I haven't been able to find much info on what I want to try. Please let me know what you guys think.

1 lb Breiss Caramel 20L
1 lb Cooked Instant White Rice
5 lbs Golden Light DME
3 cinnamon sticks @ 10 mins

Mostly looking for thoughts/advice on how much of each ingredient is going in, use /quantity of pear puree and rice, how long to steep...

I haven't been able to find much info on what I want to try. Please let me know what you guys think.

1 lb Breiss Caramel 20L
1 lb Cooked Instant White Rice
5 lbs Golden Light DME
3 cinnamon sticks @ 10 mins

Mostly looking for thoughts/advice on how much of each ingredient is going in, use /quantity of pear puree and rice, how long to steep...

Rice has to be mashed, so you won't want to use it unless you're going to add some basemalt. You can buy rice solids or rice syrup, or corn sugar, for the same results.

I have no idea about the cinnamon and pears.

Back