The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Chocolate Guinness?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
gedion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Chocolate Guinness?

Hey guys, im thinking about making a Imperial chocolate oatmeal stout for my second batch. i read that to make a Guinness recipe you can add soured beer to your batch to get close to the real deal.

i want to know if anyone has tried this with a big chocolate oatmeal stout(or similar) and what the results were. i like Guinness and choc/oat stouts but dont know if there is an issue i may be over looking. thought i would get some advice or even a recipe if anyone had success.

CHEERS!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
combatdiver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I did a Redhook Double Black clone a while back and it was amazing.
I added some oatmeal to the second batch i did and it was a little thicker and i loved it. I am actually doing it again this weekend if all goes well.
Here is the recipie I used and adjusted to.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/reci...-stout-145663/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply