Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Chocolate Donut Dry Stout

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
GuitarGumption
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Chocolate Donut Dry Stout

Just wanted to share my latest stout recipe because it turned out so great. A friend named it because she said it reminded her of a delicious chocolate donut she had, and I thought that was pretty funny. The brew store was out of several grains, and the yeast I wanted, so I just improvised with what was there, and I'm extremely happy with the result. The base recipe is as for a typical guinness-style dry stout. Here it is:

7 lbs. British Pale Malt
1 lbs. roasted barley
1 lbs. flaked barley
.3 lbs. caramel wheat malt
.2 lbs. coffee malt
1 lbs. flaked oats.
?? oz. maple syrup (last minute addition, probably not enough to add anything really)

For hops I think between 1 - 1.5 oz. Willamette at 60 min.

Mashed low, around 150 for about 90 minutes.

wlp051 california V yeast, no starter this time.

OG came in at 1.046
FG 1.011

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply