Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Chipotle Chilis

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
lebucheron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinning View Post
So after some reading I decided to go with jalapeno peppers. I hollowed out and fire roasted two peppers and peeled off the skins. I placed them in the secondary for two days, bottled yesterday. First taste was pleasant, kind of a sweet taste with a very mild spice in the back of the throat. Can't wait until they're carbed.
Awesome. I was thinking about the "soak jalapeno (with seeds and everything) in vodka for a few days and then dump into secondary" method. Maybe I should try them side by side to see the effects of each method...
3 weeks is too long to wait sometimes eh?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1571 Times on 1190 Posts
Likes Given: 2818

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinning View Post
So after some reading I decided to go with jalapeno peppers. I hollowed out and fire roasted two peppers and peeled off the skins. I placed them in the secondary for two days, bottled yesterday. First taste was pleasant, kind of a sweet taste with a very mild spice in the back of the throat. Can't wait until they're carbed.
NICE!!

This is the method I have used, sans peeling. Soaking in vodka may work, but why do it?

In secondary or after primary you are dropping the chilis in alcohol anyways.

That is why I don't peel really. I go straight from heat to beer. Preferably with a sizzle.

"Thanks but when should I put employees in? This is my first time trying to add a flavor like this to a beer so I'm kinda clueless...."

-EMPLOYEE FLAVORED BEER........

(my new hero....) pbohanna

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply