Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Recipes/Ingredients (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/)
-   -   Chinook Recipe Ideas (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/chinook-recipe-ideas-210574/)

GFrank 12-08-2010 06:05 PM

Chinook Recipe Ideas
 
Hi all, As the post says ive got 6oz of Chinook in the fridge from 6mo ago.
I was in a car wreck back then and cant for the life of me figure out what I was going to brew. I looked into the recipie data base didnt find anything though. Any recipie ideas would be appreciated 10gal all grain

Thanks George :mug:

bmbigda 12-08-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFrank (Post 2461761)
Hi all, As the post says ive got 6oz of Chinook in the fridge from 6mo ago.
I was in a car wreck back then and cant for the life of me figure out what I was going to brew. I looked into the recipie data base didnt find anything though. Any recipie ideas would be appreciated 10gal all grain

Thanks George :mug:

This is easily my favorite hop. I recently brewed "Old Ale" with all chinook. Other all chinook beers I've made include Black IPA, American Barleywine, and Amber IPA.

GFrank 12-08-2010 06:28 PM

Bmbigda
I just did a qick search for Old Ale Recipe and couldnt find it

dcp27 12-08-2010 06:34 PM

you could go with an arrogant bastard clone, its all chinook

humann_brewing 12-08-2010 06:39 PM

If you have some cascades too, you should check out my jolly roger clone. It's a very good one.

novafire 12-08-2010 06:46 PM

I'd recommend this recipe:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/caramel-amber-ale-167880/

prosper 12-08-2010 08:10 PM

I recently made some 'Nookie, which I liked very much :)

http://hopville.com/recipe/292923/american-ipa-recipes/nookie

HexKrak 12-08-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcp27 (Post 2461827)
you could go with an arrogant bastard clone, its all chinook

+1
My thoughts exactly.

GFrank 12-08-2010 10:07 PM

Thanks Guys Its the Basterd ill be brewing
the guys at work will love it

Hugh_Jass 12-08-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFrank (Post 2462519)
Thanks Guys Its the Basterd ill be brewing
the guys at work will love it

If your mind isn't completely made up, you could brew Ed's Haus Ale, but with all Chinook and subbed 05 for the Notty. I've done that and it turned out pretty tasty.:mug:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.