Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Chinook IPA Extract Kit from Nothern Brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
egrimmer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Chinook IPA Extract Kit from Nothern Brewing

Exciting week for me, I haven't brewed in about 8 months and I just received a Bayou SP14 burner and some other new equipment. I'm going to brew in my garage for the first time, all previous extract brews were done on the stove.

I have a pregnant wife at home so I'm finally feeling the urge to take it outside. I won't have access to water in the garage so I'm a little nervous about how it will all work out. I'm hoping the propane burner speeds things up over my former use of an electric stove top.

I'm a little concerned about my cheap enamel stock pot on the propane burner but I hope to avoid scorching by removing it while adding extract.

Okay, now to the kit I'll be using. It is the Chinook IPA kit from northern brewing. I've really been digging IPAs lately, I joined the mug club at Founders Brewing in my hometown (membership starts saturday) and times could not be better for my brewing future.

Long story short, has anybody brewed the Chinook IPA Kit? If so, any suggestions on how it will turn out without additions? Any suggestions for additions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
EricCSU
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have never brewed that specific recipe. However, I know that Northern Brewer only sells tried and true recipes. My advice would be to brew the recipe as directed. If you feel like changing it after you have tried the finished product, then feel free.

Eric

Kegged: Belgian Dark Strong (8.9%abv)

Fermenting: Arrogant Bastard Clone, BCS Dry stout

Planned: Rye IPA, ESB, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Rye Amber

Can You Brew It Recipe Database
Convert an all grain recipe to extract
Hop Substitution Chart

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply