Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Chili beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
MrMatt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Chili beer

Its that time of year here in New Mexico and the smell of roasting chili is everywhere. I have been threatening to incorporate this wonderful time into a brew. Here is my plan, Anyone familiar with roasting and peeling chili knows you are left with some juice in the bottom of the bag after a session. These drippings are slightly viscous very aromatic and flavorful. I have collected about a quart from the two bushels we peeled and was wondering if anyone know what size of batch to make... I was going to go small maybe 2.5 gallons adding the juices to the secondary (sterilizing with a quick boil to avoid contamination and try to avoid boiling off the oils). Does that sound like an adequate batch size for a quart of juice?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
farmbrewernw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i would think that a quart of chili juice would be too much for that size of a batch, hell i think a 10 gal batch may be too small. I guess it depends on how strong that juice is, give it a taste and see how strong it is. I have put a couple of smoked chilies in a 5 gal batch and that's enough.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply