Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Chicago - Split a Bag of Organic Pale Ale Malt?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 932 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 2000

Default Chicago - Split a Bag of Organic Pale Ale Malt?

Hi, I'm going to buy another bag of organic grain from Mid Country - Gambrinus Organic Pale Ale Malt (1.8 - 2.8L) According to the catalog, this is "an excellent base malt for brewing all grain beers. Of the barley varieties grown in the western prairies of Canada, it is moderate in total protein, well-modified, clean and smooth."

Also from the catalog "Gambrinus Malting Company has the distinction of being the smallest malting house in North America. The company produces about 6,200 US tons of malt each year at its malthouse. The malthouse originally belonged to Schlossquell Brewery of of Heidelberg, Germany. In 1992, the malthouse was dismantled and shipped to Armstrong, British Colombia, Canada, where it still resides today, producing some of the finest Canadian two-row malts available."

If anyone would like to split the #55 lb bag, let me know. This way, you can enjoy the bulk price but not have to get the whole bag. The price in their catalog is $0.88/lb, so half the bag (27.5 lbs) would be $24.20. This is an exceptionally good price for organic malt. I live in the southwest suburbs, in Oak Lawn (near 103rd and Cicero).

I've been using the Gambrinus organic malts exclusively for the past year or so, with good results.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply