Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Cherry Puree

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #11
landhoney
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Your Welcome

I like the idea of fruit barleywines, my next one will DEFINITELY be this one or similar barleywine with fruit. I like barleywines, and my idea is to make a bunch every few batches for a while so I will have enough to be able to drink every so often but still have plenty that will age. So later I will have bottles that are 1year-old, 1.25years-old, 2years-old, 2.5, etc. Its like forcing myself to plan ahead, if that makes sense.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #12
butler1850
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

You could always brew a Magic Hat #9 clone, using the cherry to add the fruit flavor, rather than apricot.

I used cherry extract in the recipe here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...0&postcount=28 , but I see no reason you couldn't use the cherry puree, rather than extract.

The cherry in that #9 clone makes a very different beer, that was VERY good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply