Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Caribbean "Eggnog" made with beer - a quick recipe for y'all

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
badducky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Caribbean "Eggnog" made with beer - a quick recipe for y'all

Howdy,

My wife's mother is from Grenada. When my wife sipped an Oatmeal Stout Porter I made, she said, "It tastes like beer." (She's not a beer drinker.) Then, she asked if she could make eggnog with it. It's a Caribbean beverage of choice I've observed and enjoyed from Trinidadian, and Grenadian gatherings all winter long. I even saw a Jamaican gentleman bring some to a tennis match.

For each 12-ounce can or bottle of dark ale like a Guinness Stout or Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter add 4-6 ounces of sweetened, condensed milk, zest of one lime and (optional) one raw egg. Whip it up in a blender and serve over ice.

Blasphemy, right? It's pretty good, though, and a great winter party drink to make and keep in a pitcher. Just thought I'd share.

Peace,

Badducky

PS Lord a'mighty, making your own Stouts and Porters is one of the best things about homebrew. Easy to brew, forgiving, and a fraction of the cost of a 4-pack of Guinness, much less the better stouts and Porters...

Subsailor Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Sounds delicious. I may have to try this, but sadly, no dark beer on tap right now!

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
brewsnthelou
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 60

That is one interesting beverage, sounds good.. I've got a coffee stout in secondary, wonder if that would work?
Cheers!

"BEER...the other white meat"

Quick Reply