Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Captain Lawrence Freshchester Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
JohnK93
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks for the replies...I have to start bookmarking these links!

Hop Hero, do you mean that you would dry hop with cascade? I had a dry hop in, but I took it out and wasn't sure which hop to use. Maybe I'll give it a try with the cascade.

The book I have (Beer Captured) recommends 1.25 cup DME for priming sugar for all their american pales, but the corn sugar looks like a cheaper option. Does it matter which I use, as long as I hit the carbonation level? Does it affect the flavor?

Thanks for all the help,
John

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
Hop_Hero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've read that corn sugar is more of a pure dextrose (sugar) and will prime quicker with no added flavor.

I would dry hop with cascade or a combo of all the hops you used is good too.

Primary: Belgian Wit
Secondary: Nada
Bottled: Arrogant Butthole, Arrogant Butthole on Oak and Chinook, Rebel Red (West Coast Red)
Next: Barley Wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply