Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Can you help me change this recipe?
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
MisterSteve124
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Can you help me change this recipe?

Me and my friend made beer last school year for extra credit in our biology class (with my parent's consent and supervision). The beer tasted like beer but it was really beer so we didn't really want to drink it. We want to try and make another batch tomorrow with the same ingredients since we only used half of them. Is there anything I can add/change to make it less bitter without having to buy more ingredients. My dad said that it is just because it's an ale recipe and we should have tried to make a lager. But I want to try and use these ingredients once more before we go and by more for a whole new batch. I was think of just using less hops since they give it bitterness. Thanks guys any response would be helpful!

Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
JnJ
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

How old are you?

Töpperwein Brewery

Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Why'd you need your parent's consent last year if you were born in 1980, as your profile indicates?

This forum's for homebrewers of legal age only, sorry - regardless of parental consent. Unless you've got one whopper of an explanation...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Well, he's banned. No kids in the pool!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply