Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Can you Brew It recipe for Rogue Shakespeare Stout

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 AM   #41
skeezerpleezer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 343 Times on 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBlack
Thanks Eric, Shall do. This was a great deed from your side.
+1. Thanks for putting all the CYBIs up

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #42
raptorvan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanmcnulty View Post
I looked it up. The have a huge beer selection. I wish they were closer to Chicago. I'm going to have to add it to my Michigan brewery roadtrip. It said it was called Imperial Creme Brulee Java Stout. Sounds so good. You think it is better than Southern Tier? Man oh man!
The only thing that would get me more excited would be to find out that Founders was making a Creme Brulee Breakfast Stout.
Thanks for the info, Man!
If you are ever in Michigan for the world expos of beer in frankenmuth or the fall beerfest in Detroit, they serve it there. At the expos they serve it at about 50 degrees from a cask and oh man, its like a life changing experience. Since then I have run all my stouts and porters thru a sparkler to try for that creamy effect. Not quite casked but it has a magical effect

Old 01-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #43
eanmcnulty
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What the hell is a sparkler? Is that some new equipment I'm going to have to buy? Just say the word. I can convince her. "Honey, the brewing process cannot move forward without a sparkler." More equipment!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #44
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Quote:
What the hell is a sparkler? Is that some new equipment I'm going to have to buy? Just say the word. I can convince her. "Honey, the brewing process cannot move forward without a sparkler." More equipment!
a sparkler is a little piece of plastic that goes on the end of a beer engine's spout. Tiny thing, only costs a couple dollars at most. OF course, to USE the sparkler, you must have the beer engine... that is what SWMBO needs to be convinced of

"Why did you.... what was the point of... how drunk were you when you decided this was a good idea?" - DMartin

Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #45
eanmcnulty
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wailingguitar View Post
a sparkler is a little piece of plastic that goes on the end of a beer engine's spout. Tiny thing, only costs a couple dollars at most. OF course, to USE the sparkler, you must have the beer engine... that is what SWMBO needs to be convinced of
Excellent!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #46
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Excellent!
Sparkler eh...

Hmm... time to get a beer engine!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #47
raptorvan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

im working on something now with some tooling that will produce (at hopefully the same cost as a standard faucet) a faucet with an insertable restrictor plate (sparkler) or a tapped end for a screw on attachment...we can all cheat the system and save the 250.00 on a mixed gas setup.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #48
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorvan View Post
im working on something now with some tooling that will produce (at hopefully the same cost as a standard faucet) a faucet with an insertable restrictor plate (sparkler) or a tapped end for a screw on attachment...we can all cheat the system and save the 250.00 on a mixed gas setup.
Sounds about right to me.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #49
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just tried a 4.5 week sample of the Shakespeare. It is truly amazing.-

This brew is ready to drink and the best part is, it can only get better. I just moved it to the basement (~60-62F) to condition some more while it is still cold here in Northern VA.

I am planning on having one a week but then again we can always bend the rules

PS: Never thought the cascade would come through so clean in a stout, it is overall a great recipe. A great stout, enjoyed it while smoking my Dr Grabow in the backyard with my roommate. Perfect.-

Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #50
raptorvan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wailingguitar View Post
also, you can ge a sparklers attachment for your conventional beer faucet...its called a stout tip or stout attachment or something. It will do the job.
Or, there is a site called ritebrew.com that is selling stout faucets for 35.00 the only advantage to using mixed gas that ive seen is that ot is more efficient to push the beer thrum. Otherwise you have to turn up the pressure on the co2 a bit to get the same effect...still cheaper than buying the mixed gas setup...or the gas itself

Quick Reply