Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Can you Brew It recipe for Anderson Valley Boont Amber

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2670 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Its funny that this thread got bumped... last night at our homebrew meeting, (we live about 30 minutes from Boonville, home of AVB) one of the members mentioned he had won a fundraiser auction on a "brew day" at AVB. He gets to use their 20 gallon pilot system, and have free run of the place including unlimited access to their grain barn, and access to any of their recipes. Were all going to go down their as a club. This is gonna be sweet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #22
steinsato
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I'm jealous. I was just there in Sept. but certainly didn't get to do any of that. This is by far, my favorite amber ale. Hopefully it comes out even remotely close to Boont Amber.

"The ordinary world is only the foam on top of the real world." Tom Robbins (B is for Beer)
"It's a beautiful day for baseball. Let's play two." Ernie Banks

Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
bottlebomber
Recipes 

I was through there last weened. They've started canning a half dozen of their brews. Pretty ccol

forumrunner_20111009_133933.jpg  

Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #24
WDan
Recipes 

Hang on there cowboy! As I am the one who will be giving the lesson I think you got a few of the particulars wrong. Running is not generally allowed in breweries so maybe "Freeish walk of the place under supervision" might be more appropriate. We will be getting the grain for the one recipe from the grain room, so that will definitely be limited use of grain privileges. And the class is limited to six including yours trully so depending on the size of your club you might need to alter that expectation. Lastly I don't have access to the AVBC recipes so I won't be able to help you out there.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #25
WDan
Recipes 

Default brew day at AVBC

one of the members mentioned he had won a fundraiser auction on a "brew day" at AVB. He gets to use their 20 gallon pilot system,

So to fill you in this is my contribution to raise money for KZYX, our local public radio station here in Mendocino county. I am W.Dan and I do a show every Thursday night from 8 to 10 p.m. pst called The Treehouse, it is a comedy show and you can listen in at www.kzyx.org . Every December the station has an on air holiday auction. Every year I offer up four brew sessions, one each night. The winner and four buddies get to brew a beer of their choosing, take an in depth tour of the facilities, play disc golf, taste some beers and such. My brew system is the original pilot brewery for the now defunct Thomas Kemper Brewery which was the first post-prohibition lager micro brewery in the U.S. Kemper was bought by Hart Brewing which eventually morphed into Pyramid Brewing. I brewed for them for five years when their main production was in Seattle in the late 90's.

And now you know "the rest of the story."

Old 10-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #26
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDan
Hang on there cowboy! As I am the one who will be giving the lesson I think you got a few of the particulars wrong. Running is not generally allowed in breweries so maybe "Freeish walk of the place under supervision" might be more appropriate. We will be getting the grain for the one recipe from the grain room, so that will definitely be limited use of grain privileges. And the class is limited to six including yours trully so depending on the size of your club you might need to alter that expectation. Lastly I don't have access to the AVBC recipes so I won't be able to help you out there.
Hey a local! I haven't seen anyone local on here yet. Maybe Jack got a little excited when he was describing the situation. Either way, if there's only going to be 6 people allowed that's only about half the club so ill be making sure I'm one of em

Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 AM   #27
WDan
Recipes 

Yea I actually didn't know about this sight until my buddies at the AVBC started razzing me about your post. Tell Jack to get in touch with me and we will set up a date and decide what we want to brew. Despite his embellishments it is a good time and you will get to see more of the brewery than on the regular tour.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #28
bottlebomber
Recipes 

PM'ed

Old 10-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #29
WDan
Recipes 

I'm an old bastard and not up on the whole brevity lingo, what is PMed?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:52 AM   #30
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDan
I'm an old bastard and not up on the whole brevity lingo, what is PMed?
I sent you a private message. You can only hold 5 as a non-premium, but mine should be in there

Quick Reply