Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bulk grains and shipping

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
acarlon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bulk grains and shipping

I am in the early stages of my home brew adventure and after my recent purchase of a refrigerator for the sole purpose of storing brewing ingredients I decided that it was time to stock up and by in bulk. I want to by 50-55lb bags of grain and various hops by the pounds.

I first looked at the prices at my local home brew store and found that it would not be reasonable to pay double the price. After a lot online searching I found reasonable hops pricing (including shipping), and great grain prices, but was stopped in my tracks when I saw shipping prices. I live in Atlanta, and considering that the locations of all of these vendors are across the country, UPS was trying to shake my wallet dry (shipping on $50 55lbs of grain on average was about $40).

Does anyone have any suggestions, of how or where I could by bulk grains and not double the price on shipping? (I could not find any local places in Atlanta that sell bulk).

Thanks!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Clayton
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 19

yes you will have to order "bulk" you can have around 1000 lbs shipped on a pallet for 100 bucks or so maybe even less.

read this http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/bulk...-price-137224/

anf do you self a favor ,in your contoll panle set the post per page to max then that thread is only 4 pages long and you can scroll pass the BS and see the good stuff

Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
acarlon
Recipes 

Good call on the display, Clayton. I'll check out the link...

Quick Reply