Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bulk grains online?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 AM   #11
DeadDoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy d
Try local brew pubs or small micros. I'm pretty lucky to be tight with a local brewer I just piggy back my order on theirs and pay what they pay! I pay just under $20 a sack for 2 or 6 row pale. and a little more for domestic specialty grains.
Yeah my brother suggested that for getting yeast being that there are quite a few in the area here. Become good friends with the brewmasters and definitely share some beer to help the trades.

Insert Name Here Brew Club

Black Forest Brewery
My Keezer

Primary: Amarillo/Citra IRIPA
Secondary: - - -
Aging: - - -
Drinking: Witbier | 342 IPA | Hoppy Stout
Recently Kicked: Belgian Dark Strong Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 AM   #12
Sean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort
Buy a pallet at a time from North Country Malt. It's only 2,310 pounds (42 bags).

Get 10 friends to commit to 4 bags each, and you take the two extra. They have a flat shipping rate which to Texas came to about $5.46 a bag. Hops & chemicals get to ride on top for free.

Hmm. any NC brewers, Raleigh, Pinehurst, Laurinburg, Interested in a Pallet? Possibly SC? I am in Pembroke regularly.

Baron? Walker? anyone else ?

I would take 4-6 bags.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply