Bulk Grain Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smee44

Reaction score
I need some help in which bulk grain to buy from the following LHBS, bacchus-barleycorn. I know I could probably get it cheaper online or in group purchase but i like the convenience and I try to support them some.

What 2-row should i buy? Which is the best quality? Thanks for the help.

IMAG0047.jpg

Key words: Kansas City bulk grain prices. (for others who are looking)

It depends on what you plan to make. For IPAs and APAs, I use Rahr often. It's cheap, and good for those types of beers. For English style ales, I like Golden Promise or Maris Otter. For German lagers, you can't beat Weyerman.

I always have either maris otter or golden promise on hand, and I always have a US two-row. I also have a ton of Vienna malt, because I use that often in my APAs and ambers, and sometimes make a Vienna lager.

I use the golden promise and maris otter almost interchangably in many recipes. They're different, but both very good. They bring a "warmth" to the grainbill that I really like in many beers. I usually use then in English style ales, but have used then in my Dead Guy clone, my stout, etc.

Sorry I knew I forgot something in the op. I brew mostly darker beers. Stouts porters ambers ipas apas. No lagers.

I was planning on the Maris otter but wasn't sure what 2row.

Thanks.

Back