Budweiser Black..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
Tonight we found a pub that had a tap, with a handwritten label saying Budweiser black.

After debating wether to try it, as we disike bud with a passion, we thought why not.

It WAS black, one of the darkest beers ive had, but it was delicious! (From what i remember, we'd been trying a fair few beers beforehand). However, we went back and they didnt have it again!

Basically... is there such a thing as a bud black?? Thats actually tasty? I think it had a chocolatty flavour.. but the different beers were mixing together by that time of the night...

And if so, if someones tried it, any ideas on how to brew a similar beer?

Cheers

I think they do make A Budweiser Budvar Dark Lager in Europe. Perhaps thats what you had.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/304/35967

450px-Beer_Budweiser_Budvar_Dark.jpg

google has nothing on Budweiser black, unless you want a black bud hat. verry odd. Go back and tell the owner to pay you off or you will tell bud co.

I'm guessing it was a bar tender's social experiment to test people. You probably could have ordered the (insert oatmeal stout name) that was tap right beside it and it would have tasted the same, But most standard customers would prefer the "Bud Black" because of the brand recognition. This is just a guess. It could actually exist.

*This was before I saw you were in the UK*

I don't think ill ever know, unless I find it again, the bar staff were no help at all about it.

Yea when we went back we asked but. Its the kind of bar where the students serving the beer know it by name, and thats about it.
If i can find somewhere to get this ill deffo be trying to make my own!

Back