bud light recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finzup9

Reaction score
i just started brewing my own beer so i dont know much about it, just my first kit today, and i wanted to start out brewing something like bud light or miller lite, does anybody have the recipe to it, if so thank you very much.

Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to clone Bud/Miller Lite? If it's to save money, fuggedaboutit ;) You can't beat their prices.

On the other hand, if it's just for the fun of it, rock on! I'd start with a light wort then water 'er down! :D

Let us know how it goes...

Janx

Can't imagine either why you'd want to do this, but Brewer's Best has an extract-with-specialty-grain kit for American Light beer that's probably about as close as you're gonna get.

HAHAHHAAHA thats the funniest thing ive heard alll day!, but then you gotta do something about the pine taste i think its more like sam adams strained thru my sock then put into 5 gal of water

Kotzbrocken said:
2 parts hydrogen, 1 part Oxygen

That's the recipe from what I understand.

From what i have tasted that the recipe for all american commercial export beer? :D

finzup9 said:
i just started brewing my own beer so i dont know much about it, just my first kit today, and i wanted to start out brewing something like bud light or miller lite, does anybody have the recipe to it, if so thank you very much.

Hope y'all didn't scare him away, he may never taste GOOD beer...

Here is the real recipe for Budweiser for 5 gallons. I have no idea why anybody would want to try this. You ought to make a good stout or an Irish Red Ale or something that tastes good.....

Lager Malt 7 lbs
Flaked Rice 1 lb 10 oz

In the Boiler
------------------
Hallertau Hops 2 oz
Irish Moss 1 tbsp last 15 min

Mash at 122 F for half an hour.

Then at 151 F for 2 hours.

Boil hops for one hour adding the irish moss within the last 15 minutes.

what's it matter if he wants to brew a light beer? tis the whole point of making your own, you can make what ever you desire :)

t1master said:
what's it matter if he wants to brew a light beer? tis the whole point of making your own, you can make what ever you desire :)

Have to agree...I've learned from also being a musician, don't dump on the "big guys". Somehow, they found the right formula that people love and keep coming back for more...they did something right...same goes for beer. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather go for a nice microbrew over a Bud, but somewhere, somehow, someone did something right, ya know?

Back