Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bud Light Clone - (Ducking for cover)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #51
CTownBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

First off, I can't stand how shady Bud, Miller, & Coors are as far as the ethics of their companies go. Watch "Beer Wars" & you'll see what I'm talking about. There are reasons why they are the #1 selling beer in the world...they sue up & coming craft breweries who can't afford to fight them off because of the legal costs even when they know they don't have a case...they dominate all the shipping & shelf space because they have 50 different ways of packaging the same crappy beer...the list goes on forever!

Secondly, I once did an experiment with my uncle who exclusively drinks Bud. I emptied out a can when he wasn't around & refilled it with water. He drank the whole thing & didn't even recognize the difference. If your flavor is off, just dilute it with some river water & you're flavor will be spot on.

What I would do is brew up a barleywine & tell him it's a Bud. Then make sure you have a camera to take a picture of his face on the first sip!

Secondary 1
: Port BA American Sour w/Raspberries
Secondary 2: Baltic Porter
Now On Tap: New Zealand IPA, Belgian Dark Strong w/Anise & Cinnamon, Imperial Red Ale
Upcoming Brews: Port BA American Sour w/Cherries, Doppelbock, Belgian Golden Strong, Peanut Butter Imperial Porter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #52
JUST_BREW_IT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon O View Post
Hope this helps you.

This recipe was written by jim baker. Jim says he has this beer on hand
for that person who just insists Budweiser is the best beer. He serves up one of these and says: "I thought you said a bud like". Its a light crips ale that tastes remarkably like a butt......i mean bud, only better.

4lb extra light DME
1lb Rice syrup solids
1.5lb Dextrose
1.5oz Saaz Hops
1 tsp Irish moss, 1 tsp gypsum
Wyeast 1056 American ale yeast

Instructions:
In 2 gallons of water, add DME, Rice syrup soids, Dextrose and Gypsum and bring to boil. Add 1 Oz. of the Saaz Hops. Boil for 45 minutes, add Irish Moss and other 1/2 oz of Saaz Hops. Boil for a final 15 minutes. Top off to 5 gallons, Cool wort to 80 degrees or colder and pitch yeast. Ferment 10-14 days at 68 - 72 degrees. You can also go from primary to secondary after 4 days and leave in secondary 10 days or until FG is 1.010 - 1.012.

this may be father's day gift to my pops

Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #53
Herky21
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You could just tell him that he's wrong http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1914327.html

IPA
Kolsch
Oud Bruin
Coffee IPA
Cream Ale
Mexican Stout in BB

Quick Reply