New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > brewing with vanilla and coffee beans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
MiScusi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default brewing with vanilla and coffee beans

I have a local brewery that has a vanilla java porter that I would like to recreate but i have never brewed with vanilla or coffee beans before. The vanilla and coffee flavors are definatly present but not overwhelming and I guess that is what I am shooting for. Has anyone ever had success brewing with theses? Any sugestions for when/how to use them? Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Poobah58
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Put the vanilla in secondary. I use the big Madagascar beans (Penzy Spices). Cut them in half then split lengthwise. I leave it in for 11 days. I then taste and if needed, add another bean and keg in 3 days. The coffee can be added in the mash, boil or secondary. There are a lot of threads around here on each method...

Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
coffeebeanss
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Have you tried vanilla beans? Using vanilla beans in ground coffee when brewing adds a flavor that makes coffee more delicious. You can make vanilla flavored coffee by adding vanilla bean seeds whole to coffee grounds when brewing in electric drip pot. Its very simple to do and more tasty.

Quick Reply