Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Brewing With Tribble Food

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Brewing With Tribble Food

I don't know how I happened across this today, it was just a mention of the grain triticale, somewhere. I thought it was just a made up name for a Sci-Fi hybrid from Star Trek.

So I did a Google search and found 10 pages on 'triticale brew'.

Google

Nope. It's a cross between wheat and rye and whether you wanna ever use it or not, it will start being used more and more in brewing. It has the best of the wheat qualities, but it also is more resistant to bad things, and has a different flavor and darker color. It imparts head retention and body. It has been studied and tested for over a decade, specifically as a mash grain. It is used in some HB recipes already and I have seen a reference to a commercial beer made in the UK. It is being used both malted and unmalted in brewing, and is also being used by home distillers.

Rye is nice, but I hate wheat in beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I used to like wheat a lot more, but not so much now. I certainly
like the one Rye I've had, and plan to try more.

Honestly haven't seen too many Rye beers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply