Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > brewing a "Oatmeal choco-coco-mint STOUT"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
Naked_Eskimo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

IMO...you need more roasted malts in there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
azscoob
Here's the Beers!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

I make a chocolate mint milk stout that everyone really enjoys. I started with Eschatz recipe here and made a few very minor changes, I halved the chocolate malt to 4 oz and added in 4 oz of debittered black, I use 2/3 oz chopped mint in the last 5 minuts of the boil, I also add 1 lb of lactose at that time as well, then I soak another 2/3 oz of mint for a week or two in a mason jar with enough vodka to cover the chopped leaves, strained through a coffee filter and added to the keg when racking the finished beer into it. one of my fall favorites!

Shirts n Steins: Grain Reaper Brewing

Old 10-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
nilo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azscoob View Post
I make a chocolate mint milk stout that everyone really enjoys. I started with Eschatz recipe here and made a few very minor changes, I halved the chocolate malt to 4 oz and added in 4 oz of debittered black, I use 2/3 oz chopped mint in the last 5 minuts of the boil, I also add 1 lb of lactose at that time as well, then I soak another 2/3 oz of mint for a week or two in a mason jar with enough vodka to cover the chopped leaves, strained through a coffee filter and added to the keg when racking the finished beer into it. one of my fall favorites!
Interesting, thanks for the link. So a chocolate-mint stout has been brewed and came out good. That is good to know.
I'm amazed how diverse the feedback was. Some stated my recipe is a waste, but some actually did it and were sucessful.
I'm making several changes to my recipe based on the comments here, so thank you guys.
It may not come out good, but trying diferent things is the reason why I'm homebrewing.
You know, if people wouldn't challenge the limits and experiment, we would probably have only 2 or 3 styles of beer today

Quick Reply