New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Brew Vigor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
Dark_Ale
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Brew Vigor

Does anyone use "Brew Vigor". I assume its a type of yeast nutrient. I am gonna try to use some to help the yeast out. How should it be added and can it be added again when you rack over to secondary? I am making a dark ale, using Nottingham(Danstar) 11g. My begining gravity was a 1080 which is what I was shooting for 5gal batch. because of the high gravity I used a starter just to help out. Any comments are appreciated, I used 9lbs of Munich extract, and it was a partial grain as well, but I dont have my sheet in front of me. Any comments are appreciated, and next time is there a yeast that will be better for me to use next time?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
NUCC98
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ale
Does anyone use "Brew Vigor". I assume its a type of yeast nutrient. I am gonna try to use some to help the yeast out. How should it be added and can it be added again when you rack over to secondary? I am making a dark ale, using Nottingham(Danstar) 11g. My begining gravity was a 1080 which is what I was shooting for 5gal batch. because of the high gravity I used a starter just to help out. Any comments are appreciated, I used 9lbs of Munich extract, and it was a partial grain as well, but I dont have my sheet in front of me. Any comments are appreciated, and next time is there a yeast that will be better for me to use next time?
I used Nottingham in my Imperial Stout (about 10 lbs. of DME), and it seemed to work fine on its own...at one point, Brew Vigor was the LAST thing it needed!! Hahaha!!!

You Won't Find Moments In A Box...And Someone Else Will Set Your Clocks...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply