Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bourbon Barrel Old Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #51
KentuckyVol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm thinking about brewing this. They are recommending a 6-12 month aging in the Secondary. Does anyone have any experience with this and is 12 months necessary to get the best results? Also, Wouldn't it be better to get the Oak separately from the kit and begin the soaking with bourbon like 6-8 weeks before you brew it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #52
moski
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyVol View Post
The American Revolution was in another time. 26 5-6 year old children would be alive today if the guns used were illegal and the creep hadn't had them. I believe only hunting rifles and shotguns should be legal. All others should not be available.
I hope that was an accidental cross post meant for another forum, and not a drive by rant.

I would like to hear more about how Jim Beam works for someone. I was just thinking about Denny's comment that the Bourbon should be subtle and not foreward.

Before you judge someone, be sure to walk a mile in their kilt. That way you are at least a mile away, and you have their kilt...

What?! Fifteen cases of beer and not a drop to drink!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #53
ArcLight
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I brewed this beer last August. I brought it to the club and some of the experienced members liked it very much.
In retrospect, I should have aged it 12 months before tasting it, not 6.
Does it taste any different, I can't remember. But at least I'd have a lot more of it remaining.

I used 10 ounces of Makers Mark, not 16, because I wanted a hint of Bourbon, not a diluted Bourbon drink.

Quick Reply