Brad, I just made this on Thursday June 10th! I added one extra pound of DME which brough the OG up to 1.076; WL002. Pitched at 70 degrees and brought the water in the tub around the primary down to 60. Fermentation started overnight, and has been going steady ever since. Out of curiosity I just took a gravity reading, it is now at 1.018 which is the expected FG according to the kit. Since it is still active, I am going to leave it alone for a few more days before racking it off to the secondary; though I don't expect it to get much lower than where it is now. I am more than happy with 7-8% ABV.
As for the oak cubes, they have been soaking for two weeks now in Wild Turkey. I am going to add a vanilla bean as Jessup suggested.
I think this will be most delicious around Christmas!
Let's keep each other up to date on the progress!
EDIT: I just tasted the sample that I pulled for the gravity reading and even though this is a four day old brew it is better than my first brew!
"I would Rather Have a Keg of Delirium Tremens than a Case of It"
Up Next: I have no idea...
Primary: Maibock, Game of Thrones Capsimel, Cranberry/Raspberry Bochet
Enjoying: Blood Orange Hefe, Cranberry/Raspberry wine, Imperial double chocolate cupcake stout, Peach Mead, Raisin Wine, Lady Rumpkin rum spiced pumpkin ale
Last edited by TheWeeb; 06-14-2010 at 02:54 PM.