not much to really share
Just made a basic wheet beer with DME, 6lbs I think (65% wheat malt 45% barley malt) 2lbs dried blueberries, can't remember what hops, and Wyeasts american wheat yeast
- let it sit in the primary until it was done
- racked it to a secondary
- blanched the dried blueberrys in 160f water for 15 minutes and added them to 2ndary
- let it sit in the 2ndary for a couple weeks
- racked it to a 3rd fermentor to settle out a bit more
- plan on priming with 9oz of wheat DME when I bottle
mainly followed BJCP guildelines for American Wheat (6D) and tried to stay as close to that for the basic wheat as possible, but stayed at the high end of the IBU scale to counter the blueberries. Addition of the blueberries fubar'd the SRM . . . the beer is purple.
Last taste test was good, hint of the blue beries wasnt overwhelming but was noticable. Soon as I get it bottled and carbonated I'll let ya know how it really is. Gonna force myself to get it into bottles tomarrow, I've just been so freeking busy that I honestly havent had the time.
Wonder if I can get my wife to throw the bottles into the tub with some bleach b4 she goes to work tomarrow . . . that or I'm gonna be up kinda late since I'm working a 48 hour shift and have a officer class to go to tomarrow. 52 hours at work in 3 days gets long