I have slowly been perfecting this recipe. It started from something I got on these boards so I want to give credit to the board. It is very good and people that try it say it is better then Blue Moon. At my last party, I had over 4 gallons in the keg, and ALL of it went at the party. This is unheard of so it must be good!
For kegging, I set pressure at 15psi serving pressure. This creates a really nice, very creamy head. This beer is very refreshing and if you like Blue Moon, wheat beer, or both, I think you will love this beer!
I do all grinding in a coffee bean grinder.
Blue Moon Clone Extract Recipe
5 gallon batch
6.6 pounds of Coopers Wheat liquid Malt Extract (any light wheat extract will do)
2 pound of Light Wheat specialty grains in muslin bag
1 pound of corn sugar (or light DME)
1 ounces of tettnanger hops (10 min)
2 ounces of styrian golding hops (30min)
1 ounce of sweet orange peel GROUND (2 min) (or bitter)
2 ounces of corriander seed GROUND (2 min)
1 bottle of Valencia orange peel (1.5 oz McCormick bottle at the grocery store)
1/2 bottle of grated lemon peel (1.5 oz McCormick bottle at the grocery store)
1 pkg of white labs Belgian wit yeast
55 minute total boil time
1) bring as much water as you can (2-3 gallons) to 155 and steep grain bag for 45 minutes to 1 hour, discard grain bag
2) Mix in Coopers Light malt extract and corn sugar, reapply heat, bring to a boil.
3) With 30 minutes remaining in the boil, add Styrian Golding hops.
4) With 10 minutes remaining in the boil, add tettnanger hops.
5) With 2 min remaining in the boil add dry ingredients.
5) pitch yeast when ready
6) Ferment 2 weeks
7) bottle or keg