New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Blonde ale gone dark...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
miggedymike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Blonde ale gone dark...

Hi everyone,

My intention was to brew a 5 gal blonde ale and I used 2-row and Caramel 20 for my grains. It turned out a lot darker than I had anticipated, I probably measured the caramel incorrectly or something.

Anyway, I continued with my plan and used (1 oz 60m) Fuggles for bittering and pitched WLP001 (cal ale). I was after US-05, but they didn't have any.

Anyway, since it turned out darker and was bittered with the 1 addition, I am wondering what I can do with it.

The color seems consistent with category 10B, American Amber, but it will certainly not match the flavor profile laid out in the category notes...mainly the hop characteristics.

What can I do to save this and enter it in that category? Given that I have bittered with the fuggles, can I dry hop with an American citrus based hop to save it? I do plan on entering it eventually so I want to get as close to I can, IF I can.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply