BJCP15A (Weizen/Weissbier) - adding fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiewould

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thinking of entering my first ever comp. Don't really care how I do to be honest. But wondering, if I'm brewing a "15A Weizen / Weissbier", would I expect to get hammered in the judging if I added fruit :ban: / fruit juice to this style?

Cheers,
Eddie

Depends, but most likely yes, and it should be entered in Category 20 or 23. If you are adding a bit of Lemon zest for some added tartness you can probably get away with it. If you add something that's easily perceptible, say Strawberrys or Cherrys you'll get dinged. But when in doubt, enter it in both category's!

Depends, but most likely yes, and it should be entered in Category 20 or 23. If you are adding a bit of Lemon zest for some added tartness you can probably get away with it. If you add something that's easily perceptible, say Strawberrys or Cherrys you'll get dinged. But when in doubt, enter it in both category's!

The competition is Cat 15 (A/B/C) only. So I guess I'd better leave it out!

Latest posts

Back