New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bizarre Brewing Dream Idea - Olive Porter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
foonder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bizarre Brewing Dream Idea - Olive Porter

I've been enjoying some Guinness lately, both the draught and extra stout, and I've often thought it tastes a bit like (black) olives. I'm not crazy, someone else pointed this out, and other people have agreed (think about olives next time you enjoy a Guinness).
Anyway, I had a bizarre brewing dream last night where I made a crazy sounding Olive Porter. Now, actually tossing olives into a beer sounds pretty gross to me, but has anyone ever heard of using olives? I found an old thread about using olive brine from green olives (Dirty IPA anyone?), but I'm talking black olives.

Something to ponder. Probably would be pretty gross, but something to ponder none the less.

Beer + Weird Stuff = Awesome

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
CarlosM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Ive noticed the olive flavor as well, just one thing if you added olives im sure the oil within the skins would really mess with your head retention.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply