Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Birthday home brewing! Post your best recipes...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
RobWalker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Birthday home brewing! Post your best recipes...

I'm quite big on my birthday and like to celebrate properly. After all, it's the one day of the year when nobody has an excuse to not come. What I want to do is throw a miniature beer festival in the confines of my own home, complete with a big old pot of my best curry and good tunes all round.

My friends are not home brewers, nor are they really seasoned drinkers. The girls are into bacardi breezers, vodka and cokes etc, whereas the blokes are mostly bog standard lager and cider drinkers.

What I'd like to make is;

2 Beers that would appeal to most people.
Some sort of "party juice" (I'm thinking something blended if neccessary, recreating alcopops or a light rum or something - not distilling!) Cocktail mixers are fine.
A good cider.

So, any ideas? I want to plan them now, my birthday's in march. I'm capable of partial extract. Beers will be kegged and alcopop/cider would be bottled.

Also, hell - any 1 gallon batches that are interesting, throw them at me. It'd be cool to have a ginger beer or something to knock around. I'm looking for crowd pleasers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply