Bigass Grain Stash...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Well, on the heels of the news that grain prices may skyrocket after the new year, I hit up my buddy who owns a local mostly-internet homebrew supply business (they mostly do kits for now, they're pretty new). Decided on 55# of Maris Otter (no GlenEagles, but you take what you can get) and 55# of 10L Munich. Should be here next week, and last me thru the winter. I've used Munich very little in the past...mostly as a specialty grain and not usually as a base grain, but I do like it, and I thought it'd be nice to have around as my 2nd house grain. Got pretty good prices on the stuff...about what I'd pay at Midwest...but without the $22 shipping per sack. F*ck yeah.

So, going into winter, I've got about 9 lbs of hops and 110 lbs of base grain. If anyone has any good suggestions for Munich, hit me.

I'm actually hitting up my LHBS guy today to put in a 55lb marris otter sack order for me. I got the pils, american 2-row and wheat bags already. I should be good for 6-8 months once I get the marris otter too.

I like the munich idea, maybe I should go vienna and we can do some more comparison trades.

Latest posts

Back