New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Best US 2-Row?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #21
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 29

1. Whats wrong with ConAgra? According to the website, they are pretty cool.

2. Where do you see that GW is owned by ConAgra currently?

3. What does Canada have to do with it?

I would not buy from a company that I knew had atrocious business practices, all though I'm afraid that would severely limit my purchasing of many things.

*In 1995, joint venture partners ConAgra Foods and Tiger Brands purchased Great Western Malting Co., Canada Malting Co. Limited, Bairds Malt Limited and Barrett Burston Malting to form ConAgra Malt.

In 2006, Castle Harlan, together with its affiliate CHAMP Private Equity, acquired ConAgra Malt and created United Malt Holdings (UMH).

In November 2009, the UMH-owned group of companies namely, Canada Malting, Great Western Malting, Bairds Malt and Barrett Burston Malting, were purchased by GrainCorp, a leading Australian grain handler and marketer. The acquisition led to the creation of GrainCorp Malt and transformed GrainCorp into an international agribusiness with operations in Australia, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom – and now Germany.

In October 2011, GrainCorp purchased GermanMalt GmbH and Co. The name of this business has been changed to Schill Malz. Schill Malz is made up of four malting plants, with a total capacity of 190,000 tonnes.

Today, GrainCorp Malt is one of the world’s largest producers of malt for use in the brewing, distilling and food industries.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #22
z987k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh10 View Post
With what malts, b/c there's a huge difference between Briess and Rahr pH wise, and taste wise. Briess is garbage IMO.
Yep. Friends don't let friends use Briess.
I usually end up with Great Western, as they are close and cheap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply