Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Best Place for Bulk Grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Accipiter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best Place for Bulk Grain

Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been away from brewing for a number of years, but was a hardcore all grain brewer all through the 90's. I got the itch to start up again so I've been dusting off my gear and refreshing my memory on the finer points of the art so I'm ready for an easy APA next weekend. Yesterday I went to the local shop for ingredients and was suprised at the cost of hops ($4/oz) and pale malt ($2/lb), so I was curious where you all order grain from? I see Austin Homebrew has 40# of American 2-row for $45, is this a good price? What's your favorite online store? Thanks.

Paul

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3155 Times on 3062 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been away from brewing for a number of years, but was a hardcore all grain brewer all through the 90's. I got the itch to start up again so I've been dusting off my gear and refreshing my memory on the finer points of the art so I'm ready for an easy APA next weekend. Yesterday I went to the local shop for ingredients and was suprised at the cost of hops ($4/oz) and pale malt ($2/lb), so I was curious where you all order grain from? I see Austin Homebrew has 40# of American 2-row for $45, is this a good price? What's your favorite online store? Thanks.

Paul
Welcome to The Hop Shortage and The Barley Shortage.

40# for $45 isn't a bad price, but what's shipping on that? I end up purchasing my base malts locally and ordering most of my hops and specialty grains to save a little cash. AHS and Northern Brewer are my goto shops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply