Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Best all around base malt extract: NB Pale, Pilsen, or Gold?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
fightguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Best all around base malt extract: NB Pale, Pilsen, or Gold?

Do you guys find one to be better than the others for many different styles of beer? The reason I ask is that I am going to purchase some bulk Norther Brewer extract and I wanted to have lots of options for my next few batches.

It seems like lots of the higher gravity kits take the Gold, while the descriptions state that Pale is "suitable for all beers" and Pilsen is listed as "an excellent base for all beers".

Choices choices

I come to you guys, the experts, to share your wisdom

www.bloodyknux.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Gedvondur
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Dme

We got bulk Briess Pilsen (Ex. Light) and Briess Golden Light (Light) for our long term purchases.

I think if you forced me to pick, I would say the Pilsen. You can always use an adjunct to add color.

Gedvondur

Natural 20 Brewery

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply