Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > BC style pale ale - Your thoughts and advise please

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #21
snowtires
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroolingNeoBrewery

That background in that pic looks familiar are you in the BC interior? Or slightly farther north?
You guessed it, kelowna BC up in black mountain

Primary 1 Hoppy birthday IPA
Primary 2 Citra blonde
Secondary: Do people still use secondaries?
Drinking: Beer from the store :(

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
RobertRGeorge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroolingNeoBrewery View Post

That sounds amazing! What are you growing?

I haven't just added to the BCPA cause, but home brewing in general. Not everyone had had my beer before that party. Some were sceptical that home brew could be good, let alone amazing. Our office party's are open to all, so there where even some parents there. One old guy didn't believe it was home made, he kept trying to get me to give him the brand name. I switched many palm bay/premix cocktail drinkers to drinking my beer. And one girl who normally only drinks red wine was double fisted. Wine in one hand, Washooo in the other. "Its like candy!" she said.
I have Nugget, Willamette, Golding and something I call Feral Fuggle. It is apparently the offspring of whatever hops they grew around here when the Columbia Brewing Company operated in Nelson. They've sprung up all over town, and I dug up a big piece of root from a notably robust plant downtown and planted it in my garden. There used to be a website that showed pictures of the various hop strains leaves and cones, and Fuggle was the closest. I also decided Fuggle because it was most likely common back then as a British hop.

For the BCPA I plan to bitter and flavor with a combo of Nugget and Willamette, and finish with the Feral.

I've converted a few skeptics to homebrew too. The days of dump-and-stir BC homebrewing are fading fast.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply