Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > BBC Berkshire Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
SkaBoneBenny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default BBC Berkshire Ale

I got back from some great hiking at Skinner State Park in Amherst/Hadley MA and had a pint of BBC (Berkshire Brewing Company) Berkshire Ale in Northampton, MA. DAMN is that a good beer. Full hop flavor, nice alcohol warmth, and smooth as hell. I'm thinking of trying to brew a clone but I'm not really sure where to start. It would be my first true true Pale Ale. Kinda pathetic, I know...

Has anyone ever attempted to brew this beer? Their site gives very little information to help guide me. If anyone has ever taken a stab at it or has any idea as to the hops used, I'd love to know. Haha or if anyone has a recipe, that would be great too. Either way, you owe it to yourself to pick some up.
-Ben

Thinking About: Strawberries and Cream Ale

Primary Fermenter: Nuthin...

Secondary Fermenter:"C-4 IPA!", American Wheat

Conditioning: 4 C's IPA

Drinkin': 4 C's American Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 371 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Can't help you with a clone, but yeah, that's a very good beer. BBC makes some real good stuff.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply