Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Australian Sparkling Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
MikeRLynch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Australian Sparkling Ale

This was inspired by Jamil's show on the style, and the thing that piqued my interest was the ferment temps. Apparently this style can be done at a scorching 73 degrees, while still finishing quite dry and refreshing. Obviously the major flavor character is the fruityness from the warm fermented yeast, but not the funk that you might find in a warm fermented belgian.

I don't have temp control in my apartment so an ale that can be refreshing and fermented at ambient temps is right up my alley. My recipe is in my sig, but it couldn't be simpler, just 9 lbs pilsner and .5 lbs c40. I used nottingham for cost reasons, but also I've had really good luck with it before.

So how about it? Anyone done this before? What other styles (other than the funk-tastic belgians) can be done at ambient ~70 degrees?

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
iparks81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I used White Labs Australian yeast in an Amber recently, I was having trouble keeping temps low (summer in AZ) most of fermentation was at 69-70F.
Its been in the bottle for two weeks now and tastes great, im still working out the recipe, but as far as the yeasts performance it was spot on!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply